Tuesday, June 10, 2014

My first Finnish guest

This is all very exciting - I had my very first visitor coming to see me in Colombia!! Betty brought a lot of delicious things from Finland, yumm! Obviously not everybody has the same taste as me. I got some Finnish black sweets called "Salmiakki"and I have so far only met one Colombian who did not make any funny faces or spit it out right away.. The good thing is I get to eat it all myself :)

The very next day we were invited to a friend's graduation barbecue just outside Bogotá. We went there to have lunch in a place called El Tambor, and against all odds it was really sunny as well. We had a typical colombian BBQ with some colombian beer, a perfect introduction for Betty. 

Betty obviously wanted to go someplace warm and since Mateo's family has a "summer house" close to Bogotá we decided to take our guest there. I don't know what could be a perfect name for this place, maybe weekend house or vacation house.. It's called Puerto Peñalisa and it's located about 130km south-west from Bogotá. While driving there you realise how the climate changes, again because you are driving down the mountain. We stayed there for 3 days since Monday was a national holiday. Funny thing about the national holidays here: there are like 15 in a year, perfect for weekend trips!! 

Peñalisa is located close to a town called Girardot, almost 300 meters above sea level, and there it's 30 degrees celsius all the time, I love it!! The fact that it's only a 3-4 hour drive away makes it even better.

Okay, so what to do in Peñalisa? Well, there is a lot to do but we usually do more or less nothing.. We lay around the pool, we play in the pool, we drive around in the golf car, we read, relax and we eat a lot! It's like a mini-hoiday!!





Picture on the left - Finnish Salmiakki
Picture above - Betty and me enjoying the lunch



Tatan and his harem..
Can you spot the two non-colombians in the picture..?


Typical Colombian breakfast
Left: Tamal
Above: Calentado con huevo y arepa



Happy Betty





The pictures above describes our pool, the golf court and us driving the golf cart.

Group picture
Sunday Funday

No comments:

Post a Comment