Monday, May 5, 2014

Weekend in Guasca

We wanted to spend a quiet and relaxing weekend away from Bogotá so we decided to go to Guasca, a small town 50 km north-east of Bogotá, where Mateo's grandmother has a country house. The house is decorated and designed to reflect the countryside atmosphere, which makes it so cozy and cute - it's the perfect hideaway!!

This is probably not the first or the last time I'll comment on this but, the views from the roads are so beautiful, I want to make so many stops just to get a picture. I don't know why I'm so obsessed with views and mountains, I think one reason is because we don't really have a lot of mountains in Finland so for me being in an environment like this is just amazing. I try to take a lot of pictures, but in the end it's impossible to catch the moment in a picture, you have to really be there to experience the beauty of the landscape.  

In the end we didn't do much; we read, spent time outside in the sun and played with the dogs. We actually did have an other excuse to go there as well; we had found a girlfriend for Hako and in hope for puppies we went there to let them spend some time together.. Let just say we might have to do this again if we want Hako to be a dad..  

Landscape in Guasca
The country house 

Mateo and Hako







1 comment: